CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE. KENTUCKY
ORDINANCE NO. 2019-02
AN ORDINANCE REGULATING THE PLACEMENT OR CONSTRUCTION OF BUILDINGS OR STRUCTURES OVER UTILITY MAINS AND STORMWATER DRAINS
WHEREAS, the placement or construction of buildings and structures over utility mains and stormwater drains may affect the health and safety of city property owners;
WHEREAS, utility service personnel and public works personnel need access for excavating and repairing utilities and stormwater systems.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL IN AND FOR THE CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY AS FOLLOWS:
1. After the enactment of this Ordinance no building or structure shall be placed or constructed over or within fifteen (15) feet of any water, sewer, wastewater, or natural
gas main or piping that is not a component of the building or structure.
2. After the enactment of this Ordinance no building or structure shall be placed or constructed over or within fifteen (15) feet of any natural stormwater drainage
structure, tile, culvert, box channel, catch basin, open channel or any other drainage structure or system unless such drainage structure is designed by a professional
engineer licensed in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Such design shall show the location of the building or structure in relation to the stormwater drainage system and
shall allow fifteen (15) feet access for service.
3. All construction of utilities and stormwater systems shall be in compliance with the city’s building codes and city and State Regulations. No building or structure may beconstructed or placed on property unless such location is first approved by the city building inspector.
4. It shall be the responsibility of the city building inspector to enforce the provisions of this Ordinance.
5. Violators of the provisions of this Ordinance shall be directed to remove such buildings or structures as directed by the city building inspector at the owner’s cost.
6. If a violator fails to remove such buildings or structures as directed by the city building inspector within 20 days from receiving notice to remove, the city may issue
a citation and impose penalties against the property owner for violation of this Ordinance. Any property owner in violation of this Ordinance after receiving notice
to remove buildings or structures shall be subject to a civil fine of $100 payable to the city for each day the violation continues.
6 . In the event any provision of this Ordinance is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect any other provisions.
7. All portion of any ordinance or rule or regulation in conflict herewith are hereby repealed to the extent of that conflict one.
8. This Ordinance shall become effective upon its passage and publication according to law.
FIRST READING conducted on the 7 day of May, 2019.
SECOND READING conducted and PASSAGE on the 21 day of May, 2019.
At a meeting of the City Council of the City of Russellville, Kentucky, held on May 21, 2019, the foregoing ordinance was adopted, after full discussion, by the following vote:
Official ordinance may be requested at the office of the City Clerk, Main Street, Russellville, Kentucky