CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY
ORDINANCE NO. 2020-02
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE ZONING MAP AMENDMENT RECOMMENDED BY THE LOGAN JOINT CITIES/COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION REGARDING A ZONING CHANGE OF FOUR TRACTS OF LAND ADJACENT TO U.S. HWY. 68-80 SOUTHERN BYPASS AND HERNDON ROAD NEAR HWY. 79 FROM COMMERCIAL B-2 TO COMMERCIAL B- 3
WHEREAS, James R. Riley and Sarah E. Riley, applied to the Logan Joint Cities/County Planning Commission (hereinafter “The Commission”) for a change in the Zoning Map of the
City of Russellville, Kentucky, from Commercial B-2 to Commercial B-3, regarding certain realty consisting of four tracts of land adjacent to U.S. Hwy. 68-80 Southern Bypass and Herndon Road near Hwy. 79; and
WHEREAS, on January 9, 2020, The Commission held a public hearing on said application and, after making certain written findings of fact, made a written recommendation to the City Council of Russellville that said application be approved; and WHEREAS, the City Council and the Mayor, on behalf of the City of Russellville, deem said zoning change as beneficial to the City of Russellville, and that all legal requirements have been met in order to proceed with said zoning change.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL IN AND FOR THE CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY AS FOLLOWS:
(1) The written “Findings of Fact and Recommendation” of The Commission dated January 9, 2020, attached hereto as Exhibit “A”, is hereby adopted and approved by the City of
Russellville and is incorporated herein as if set forth in its entirety.
(2) The Zoning Map of the City of Russellville, Kentucky, shall be and is hereby amended such that 4 tracts of land adjacent to U.S. Hwy 68-80 Southern Bypass and Herndon
Road near Hwy. 79 in Russellville, Kentucky, shall be changed from Commercial B2 toCommercial B-3. Said property is more particularly described in the application of James
R. Riley and Sarah E. Riley, and is reflected on the attached Zoning Map, labeled as Exhibit “B”.
(3) In the event any provision of this Ordinance is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect any other provision.
(4) All portions of any ordinance or rule or regulation in conflict herewith are hereby repealed to the extent of that conflict only.
(5) This Ordinance shall be effective upon its passage and publication according to law.
FIRST READING conducted on the 3rd day of March, 2020
SECOND READING conducted and PASSAGE on the 17th day of March, 2020
APPROVED BY: Mark Stratton, Mayor
ATTEST: Robert Nishibun, City Clerk
At a meeting of the City Council of the City of Russellville, Kentucky, held on March 17, 2020, the foregoing ordinance was adopted, after foil discussion, by the following vote:
Official ordinance may be requested at the office of the City Clerk, Main Street, Russellville, Kentucky