CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY
ORDINANCE NO. 2020-06
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE PLAT MODIFICATION AND VACATION AS RECOMMENDED BY THE LOGAN JOINT CITIES/COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION REGARDING AN UNIMPROVED CUL-DE-SAC SITUATED ON OAK STREET IN THE CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE
WHEREAS, Clyde L. Anding, applied to the Logan Joint Cities/County Planning Commission (hereinafter “The Commission”) for a modification and vacation of an unimproved 0.16 acre cul-de-sac situated on Oak Street in the City of Russellville, and specifically described as Lot 1, Oaks Subdivision, Plat Cabinet 1, Envelope 82 in the records of the Logan County Court Clerk.
WHEREAS, on March 5, 2020, The Commission held a public hearing on said application and, after making certain written findings of fact, made a written recommendation to
the City Council of Russellville that said application be approved; and WHEREAS, the City Council and the Mayor, on behalf of the City of Russellville, deem said modification and vacation of the plat as beneficial to the City of Russellville, and that all legal requirements have been met in order to proceed with said modification.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL IN AND FOR THE CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY AS FOLLOWS:
(1) The written “Findings of Fact and Recommendation” of The Commission dated March 5, 2020, attached hereto as Exhibit “A”, is hereby adopted and approved by the City of
Russellville and is incorporated herein as if set forth in its entirety.
(2) The Plat as found in Cabinet 1, Envelope 82 of the Oaks Subdivision in the office of the Logan County Court Clerk, shall be and is hereby amended such that the unimproved culde-sac situated on Oak Street, fronting on Lot 1 of the Oaks Subdivision in Russellville,Kentucky, shall be vacated. Said Plat shall be modified to reflect the same. This
unimproved cul-de-sac property is more particularly described in the application of Clyde L. Anding, and is reflected on the attached Map, labeled as Exhibit “B”.
(3) In the event any provision of this Ordinance is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect any other provision.
(4) All portions of any ordinance or rule or regulation in conflict herewith are hereby repealed to the extent of that conflict only.
(5) This Ordinance shall be effective upon its passage and publication according to law.
FIRST READING conducted on the 21st day of July, 2020
SECOND READING conducted and PASSAGE on the 4th day of August, 2020.
At a meeting of the City Council of the City of Russellville, Kentucky, held on August 4th the foregoing ordinance was adopted, after full discussion, by the following vote:
LOGAN JOINT CITIES/COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
IN RE: The Request of Clyde L.Anding
FINDINGS OF FACT AND RECOMMENDATION
This matter having come before the Logan Joint Cities/County Planning Commission (Commission) on March 5. 2020, on the Request of Clyde L. Anding, 112 South Oak Street, Russellville, Kentucky, for a Plat Modification and Vacation of an unimproved cul-de-sac situated on Oak Street in the City of Russellville, fronting on Lot 1, Oaks Subdivision, Plat Cabinet 1, Envelope 82, in the Office of the Logan County Court Clerk, which cul-de-sac consisting of 0.16 acre as shown by a Plat of a survey prepared by Gary Lee Dunning, Kentucky Registered Land Surveyor #3290, (Dunning) has not been developed or used for any purpose other than yards for adjoining residential property, and Clyde Anding having appeared at the previous meeting to ask for direction as to how to proceed with the Commission and appearing at this meeting with Gary Dunning, who explained the plat and the purpose of the Request and being advised by Clyde Anding that there was no objection and that the approval of his Request would not only benefit his property and other adjoining property owners, but also successors in title to the properties, and the Commission having considered same, and being sufficiently advised, does hereby enter the following as its FINDINGS OF FACT:
FINDINGS OF FACT
1. A quorum was present who were John Cates, R. V. Woodward, Clarence Gamble, Jim Trimble, Dwight Cockrill, Roger Martin, Connie Pearson, and Justin Hopkins. Also present were Joe Perry, Russellville Zoning Administrator, and James C. Milam, Attorney.
2. The information presented shows that Clyde Anding has presented an adequate and credible explanation of his Request and a proper survey of the property involved.
3. Incorporated herein as if folly copied herein are the Plat herein referred to and which is approved as to form and contents and the audio tapes, if any, and the Minutes
of the meeting.
4. On motion of Connie Pearson, seconded by Clarence Gamble, passed unanimously on roll call vote by those present, the Request of Clyde L. Anding, 112 South Oak Street, Russellville, Kentucky, for a Plat Modification and Vacation of an unimproved cul-de-sac situated on Oak Street in the City of Russellville, Fronting on Lot 1, Oaks Subdivision, Plat Cabinet 1, Envelope 82, in the Office of the Logan County Court Clerk, was approved, and this matter will be forwarded to the City Council of the City of Russellville.
The Commission, having considered and approved the Request of Clyde L.Anding, 112 South Oak Street, Russellville, Kentucky, for a Plat Modification and Vacation of an
unimproved cul-de-sac situated on Oak Street in the City of Russellville, fronting on Lot 21, Oaks Subdivision, Plat Cabinet 1, Envelope 82, in the Office of the Logan County Court Clerk, and having made its FINDINGS OF FACT, does hereby refer the Request and this approval to the City Council of the City of Russellville for it to take action to complete the Plat Modification and Vacation, and this is the final action of the Commission on this Request.
Dated as of March 5, 2020.
THE JOINT LOGAN COUNTY AND LOGAN CITIES PLANNING COMMISSION
Received on behalf of City of Russellville, Kentucky, 29th this day of June 2020.
MARK STRATTON, MAYOR
CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE
CITY OF RUSSELLVILLE, KENTUCKY