The City of Russellville is seeking a Sewer Maintenance Trainee.
This is an entry level position, reporting directly to the supervisor of the I&I Department.
This position will require learning and performing the following duties:
- Checks collection system for Inflow and Infiltration.
- Learning manhole, air release valves and sewer line locations throughout the city.
- Performs minor repair, major repair, and new construction to collection system.
- Routine and non-routine maintenance on submersible and suction lift pump stations.
- Assist with customer relations.
- Operate equipment such as jetter wagon, vac-wagon, backhoe and video equipment.
- Must be able to respond to calls in an emergency situation at all hours.
- On call on a scheduled rotation.
- Assists other departments and employees as required.
Experience is a plus.
Must pass a medical examination, drug screening and background check.
Applications may be picked up at the Mayor’s office
168 S. Main St. Russellville, KY 42256
Applications for this position will be accepted until Friday November 8th 2019.